The recent introduction of Kast TV to mobile devices means that you can now host a watch party with your friends, and all of you can be on mobile! To make it easier to get started with hosting a watch party on your mobile device, we made this handy little guide.
Note: Kast TV is not available for Android quite yet, but we are working hard to get it released in the next few days.
This guide will guide you through all the important steps, such as finding your party in Kast, inviting some friends, and finally playing some awesome content. Let's get started!
1. Getting your party set up
When you sign up we will automatically create a party for you that is private and has your username as part of the party name. So if your username is "JimBob", the automatically generated party might be called "JimBob's herd".
Currently you can not create new parties on mobile, but we are working on bringing that to you soon!
2. Invite some friends to your party
Since watching movies alone is a lot less fun than with some friends, the next step for a successful watch party is to invite some friends over to your virtual party. The image below shows you how to do it on mobile.
Note: you can skip the "become a member" step if this is the ready-made party you are the owner of
From here you can copy the text and share it with your friends using your favorite messaging app! You can share your party to people that are on mobile or on web, everything goes.
Since you are most likely sharing a private party, this means that your friends will still need to ask for permission to join (even though you shared the party with them). Note that your friends will need to log in to Kast (logging in with Google credentials is an easy one-step process), and if they are on mobile and don't yet have the Kast app, they will have to download it.
Once they have clicked the "send request" button, you will get a notification about this, and you can approve them for the party. After this, they can easily join the party now and any time in the future.
Since you won't see the notifications once you are inside a party, we recommend that you share the party to all of the friends you want to share it with before you jump into the party. This way you won't have to jump in and out several times to add people.
3. Find some content on Kast TV
Now that you have your party up and running, and some friends have joined, it's time to get down to why you came here in the first place: hosting a watch party.
On mobile this is easily done via Kast TV, which currently offers Tubi, YouTube and our own Kast TV content library (for Premium members). To learn more about Kast TV, check out this help article.
Follow the steps below and check the image to start playing some content from Kast TV.
1) Click the multicolored TV icon at the top to access Kast TV.
2) This view lets you select which service you want to access: Tubi, YouTube or our own Kast TV library.
3) In this example, we are browsing Tubi, and here you can see some categories in the horizontal bar, and individual titles if you scroll down.
4) There is also a search at the top, which you can use if you are looking for something specific.
5) When you click on an individual title, you will be shown some details and at the bottom there is the important "play now" button that gets the movie started.
6) Action! Great, you got a movie started in the party, now everyone in the party will be able to see it and enjoy the content.
4. Get social with your microphone or camera
Watching content is only half the fun, as we think engaging with your friends while you are watching is what makes Kast great. While you are sharing content from Kast TV the movie is being streamed from the cloud, which means you are free to share your camera and/or microphone while the movie is playing.
If you want to talk with your friends while watching a movie, just click on the microphone icon on the right. Likewise, if you would like to share your camera and show your gorgeous face, click in the camera button, just below the colourful Kast TV icon.