This guide comes courtesy of valued community member Colelision, thank you!
This is a guide to fix your button to stream if it is broken, or playing the stream then switching to sound crashes, or if you have echoing issues along with any other audio issues. The solution isolates sounds in the three-step process of going to your headset and makes sure there is no feedback.
Steps to fix
- What you want to do is head to https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/ and click the orange download button at the top.
- Take that file and extract it into a folder.
- Right-click VBCABLE_Setup_x64 and run as administrator (If you have 32-bit windows run the regular I believe).
- Click "Install driver" and go through the prompt, in the end, Restart your PC.
- When you are back from the restart make sure discord has your input and output set to your mic and headphones/ speakers (If you have any issues hearing people when following the next steps, recheck this as it may try to automatically change devices. Just hit "Do not change" if it pops up or changes it back). EXTRA NOTE: Make sure these are NOT selected as Default or Cable.
6. This is where we get to the juicy stuff go to your sounds panel one of 2 ways it looks like this
A. Go to the sound icon right click it then hit sounds
B. Or if "Sounds" is weirdly missing like for the 5% of the people I've encountered, type control panel in the search bar, hit enter, hit "Hardware and Sounds", then hit "Sound".
7. Once you're in Sound go to "Recording" then look for CABLE Output and hit "Properties". Make sure your usual mic is your Default Device.
8. When you're there click the "Listen" tab, then click the "Listen to this device" box, after that set the "Playback through this device" option to whatever headphones or speakers you are using.
9. Make sure to "Apply" and "OK"!
10. Go back to the "Playback" tab and set CABLE Input as your Default Device
11. Double-check that your audio on discord or skype is set to your headphones/ speakers and mic for input and output. Make sure again it's NOT CABLE or Default.
12. Go to Kast and join a group with a friend to test out video and audio. Head to the audio settings by clicking the cogwheel icon.
13. Set your INPUT to CABLE Output and your OUTPUT to your speakers or headphones. Test the sound, if you can hear congrats you're done! If not move to step 14.
14. If that didn't work for you set OUTPUT to "Computer's Audio" and test again.
Contact Colelision#6602 on Discord for any further help with this.