Some microphones/headsets have been found to not work with streaming "Computer Audio" on Kast. This is an issue the Kast team is looking into. While we wait, here is a tutorial on how to setup a 3rd party software called VoiceMeeter that will allow you to share computer audio.
Disclaimer: this uses a 3rd party external tool which we have no control over. Use at your own discretion.
1) Install VoiceMeeter Banana
Install the VoiceMeeter Banana EXE at this link:
Once these are installed, restart your computer.
2) Open VoiceMeeter and Select Output
Now that you have installed everything and restarted your computer, open VoiceMeeter Banana.
- Select A1 in the upper right.
- Select your WDM listening device from the dropdown. If this does not work, come back and try the MME version after. Your input and output will both have to be either WDM or MME
3) Select Inputs
Now you are going to select the input you want others to hear.
- Click "Select Input Device" beneath "Hardware Input 1" in the upper left.
- Select your WDM input device from the dropdown. If you are using an MME output, be sure to select MME instead of WDM.
- Select your 1st virtual input to be VoiceMeeter VAIO if not already set
4) Set your output to be VoiceMeeter input in Windows Sound Settings
- Using the Windows search bar (likely at the bottom left of your screen), type in "Sound" and select "Sound Playback Options" from the menu.
- Inside the Windows Sound Settings, change your Output to be "VoiceMeeter Input (VB-Audio VoiceMeeter VAIO)."
This will allow you to use your mic and another audio source at the same time.
5) Change Kast Input to be VoiceMeeter Output
- Open Kast and join a party as a Kaster to test your audio.
- Change your input to Computer's Audio. If this is a new Kast session, you will be asked to "Select Your Devices" when you join the party as a Kaster (Seen below). If this is not a new Kast session and you did not get asked to select your devices, press the cog wheel at the bottom of the party screen to open audio settings and access input.