Here are some practical tips for how to optimize your streaming. We hope this helps if you are experiencing issues with streaming.
Making sure your you are getting the best out of your internet connection
- If you are using a Wifi hotspot, make sure you are within range to maintain a strong connection. If Kast loses the network connection, even for a second, the stream may drop out.
- If you suspect you might have a network connection issue, take a speed test such as Ookla's speed test. If you have 5 Mbps or higher upload speed, your stream quality should be very good.
- Make sure you or other people who are using your internet connection are not using the upload bandwidth extensively.
- If you suspect a Wifi connection is an issue, you could try connecting directly to your router over a wired connection.
Make sure you are getting most out of your computer
- If you have issues with stream quality, it is good to restart the computer and make sure you are not running any unnecessary applications.
- Make sure that you are running Kast on a relatively new computer. For instance, we don't support Windows 7 operating system, however, some community members have managed to make Kast work on unsupported operating systems.
- If you have been running Kast on your computer for several days, it is also a good practice to restart the Kast app every now and then. For best results, log out and sign back in as well - it refreshes the Kast app storage.
Make sure you are not making your computer work harder than it needs to be
- Make sure that your Kast stream quality is the same as the quality of your source (such as YouTube). For instance, if your Kast streaming quality is only 720p, there is no need to have stream source quality of 1080p.
- Try out a lower streaming quality. If your stream seems to be struggling, try setting both Kast stream quality and source quality to 480p.
- Note that streaming video and webcam at the same time requires quite a lot of resources from your computer, and might not work well if you are using Kast on an old computer.
Still experiencing issues?
- Check out these tips for PC settings for stream optimization.
- Drop a note to our support team.
- Or hop on to Kast Welcome and ask for help. There is usually always someone who can help out. Just give us a couple of minutes to get back <3.
Other useful streaming related links
- What do I do if my stream on Chrome browser is just showing black?
- What if the applications do not show on Mac Catalina? (Note: When you are choosing an app to share, make sure your Kast app is not full-screened.)
- What to do if my party members hear an echo when they are talking? If you are using "Computer Audio" on PC as an input, mute the other people's audio in Kast, or use a third party app like Voicemeeter for selecting a specific audio source (such as the Chrome browser and your mic).
- How do I play video's audio on Mac?
- What features are available on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and Web?
- What kind of computer you need to stream picture-in-picture